Dec 31 2008
Homemade Ferrero Rocher Napkin Angel 2.0 – New Years – Christmas – Halloween – Decoration – Budget Crafts
As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I only bought enough supplies at the arts&crafts store to make 2 angels. But, the smallest pack of Ferrero Rocher you can buy is a 4-pack, so I decided to make some angels from items I already had at home.
I went ahead and replaced the thick golden wings with some butterfly wings I cut out of news paper, and I replaced the thick/large decorative napkin with 4 normal-sized white napkins.
This is a very flexible project. You can make the wings out of a hard clear plastic of thick cellophane paper for more fairy-like wings. Or, you can leave out the wings completely and make a ghost. You can also replace the Ferrero Rocher with a similar-sized round confection for different effects.
Here is a step-by-step how to:
1. 3 sets of butterfly wings cut out desired material, 1 Ferrero Rocher, 4 plain white napkins (standard size), 1 8-inch piece of gold string, scissors, and a push-pin.
2. Place all 3 set of wings on each other. Poke 2 holes in the wings, as pictured above (see better example here). Widen the holes carefully with the scissors. Thread the gold string through from front to back on the left side, and from back to from on the right side.
3. Open your napkins once and place them on top of each other.
4. Turn so that the folded edges are facing you.
5. Fold the napkin once, then move the folded part away from you and fold it again. Repeat until…
6. You achieve something like this – an accordion.
7. Find the center and hold it tightly. Place your Ferrero Rocher in the center,
8. And close the napkin around the Ferrero Rocher.
8. (continued). A view from above.
9. Place the threaded wings behind your napkin with he pinched part directly behind where the thread is.
10. Tie a knot and then a bow.
11. Turn over and separate wings.
12. Tie a loop of string on the back, if desired, so you can hang it.